Whats New – GHIN App
In addition to tracking your handicap, a recent update to the GHIN App now allows for the following at no additional cost:
- 3D Map Imagery
- Touch-Point GPS Distance
- Distance to Center of Green
For an additional fee ($39.99), users can also have access to:
- Distances to front and back of the green
- Shot tracking
- Ability to move and set hole location
- Approach and Putt views showing green contours, arrows, and heat map
PJ Boatwright Internship Available
The Greater Cincinnati Golf Association is offering USGA P.J. Boatwright Jr. Internship Opportunities for Summer of 2022
Opportunities are available from 3 months to 12 months to a qualified male or female.
The responsibilities of the intern include but are not limited to:
• Oversee and be the official in charge of the GCGA Junior Tour which consists of 30+ tournaments for boys and girls ages 7-18. This would include coordinating with each tournament’s host course matters regarding course setup, food and beverage, and coordinating the GCGA volunteers who assist in the administration of the events.
• Assist in the conduct of GCGA Tournaments and USGA Qualifiers held within the Greater Cincinnati area.
• Provide ongoing assistance to the staff of the GCGA in matters related to golf administration and the everyday business of the GCGA which includes but is not limited to course rating and rules and handicapping seminars.
The salary is $2000 per month and the intern will be expected to have knowledge of the game of golf and have experience in competitive golf and/or golf or tournament administration, as well proficiency in computer skills.
If you are in contact with anyone eager to become involved in the game of golf, this internship, underwritten by the United States Golf Association, is an ideal opportunity to learn first-hand about golf and tournament administration .Incidentally, a majority of the current staff of the GCGA began their careers as P.J. Boatwright interns, and throughout the country, hundreds of Executive Directors and high-level staff of state and regional golf associations likewise began their careers as a Boatwright interns. It is an ideal way to become involved in the great game of golf.
Please share this information with anyone you feel would be qualified for this exciting position. This posting will remain open until position is filled.
Resumes can be submitted by email or by mailing them to:
Todd Johnson, CEO/Executive Director
Greater Cincinnati Golf Association
9200 Montgomery Road. Suite 24B
Cincinnati, OH 45242