March 17, 2020
The Greater Cincinnati Golf Association continues to monitor the coronavirus outbreak. Our main focus is the health and safety of the participants, spectators, staff, & parents in our programing.
Due to Ohio’s Heath Director’s Order to Stay at Home, all events on or before April 6th have been postponed. We are planning on moving forward with our Junior Tour events in the month of April beyond this date. We feel that some sense of normalcy with a few modifications is helpful in these trying times.
Our plan will be to ask/perform the following:
- If you are sick in any way, please avoid participating or being a spectator in the event. Refunds will be granted with prior notification to your tee time.
- Participants should avoid indoor facilities at the host club as much as possible.
- There will not be a registration table. All items will be passed out at the starting tee or scoring tent.
- Spectators carts will not be allowed. We ask that you limit spectators to 1 per junior, and that they maintain a safe distance from all participants (minimum 6 feet).
- Scorecards will be handed to the player only and can be certified with your marker verbally for scoring purposes. There will be no need to exchange scorecards.
- Players will be asked to leave the flagstick in the hole, and to remove your ball with your glove hand.
- Scoreboards will be eliminated to promote social distancing. Scores will be posted online only.
- We ask that players eliminate the tradition of handshakes following the round.
As this is a fluid situation, we will continue to reevaluate, and keep you informed of any changes. Please look for an additional communication in the near future.
In the meantime, please keep yourself safe!